On Tuesday, I got a nomination by Sleeping Geeks to answer up to 25 questions about anime in honor of World Otaku Day 2015. I’ve already done a post like this, but there are some new questions and I’m pretty sure that some of my answers have changed since the last time I took this survey. I’d answer all 50 questions, but the second half gets a little too personal for my tastes.
Let’s get started!
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.
2. Who is your favorite female character?
Major Motoko Kusanagi from the Ghost in the Shell franchise.
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
The Pillows’ music in FLCL.
4. What is your favorite anime opening song + animation?
“Uragiri no Yūyake” by Theatre Brook for the first 12 episodes of Durarara!!
5. What is your favorite anime ending song + animation?
“Zetsubo Billy” by Maximum The Hormone, for the second half of Death Note.
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
Edward’s final transmutation from FMA: Brotherhood.
7. If you could meet an anime character, who would it be?
Ryu Sasakura, the lead from Bartender.
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Vato Falman from FMA: Brotherhood. He’s a loyal companion with an overly formal habit of speech and a keen memory, who often feels like he’s in way over his head.
9. What is your favorite thing about anime?
It can produce some amazing landscapes and backgrounds, stunning facial expressions, and captivating fight sequences.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
Some of the humor and symbolism doesn’t translate as well from Japanese to English, so I feel bad for anyone who might get into a particular show and feel lost.
11. Who is your favorite anime couple?
Okabe and Kurisu from Steins;Gate.
12. Who is your favorite anime animal?
Ein the data dog, from Cowboy Bebop.
13. What anime would make a good game?
14. What game would make a good anime?
It’s already cinematic, but for now, I’ll go with Life is Strange.
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
Cowboy Bebop: The Movie.
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
17. What is your favorite genre of anime?
18. What is your least favorite genre of anime?
Any cutesy, school-based anime series.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
I sure am!
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
21. What anime was the biggest letdown for you?
22. What anime was better than expected?
Neon Genesis Evangelion.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
The final fight between Edward Elric and Father in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
Right now, I’d say it’s Celty from Durarara!! Yes, I find something cute about the headless rider. Shinra Kishitani and I would get along splendidly.
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
I didn’t actually play video games as a kid, but once I started gaming, I logged on many, many hours with Star Wars: Jedi Academy.